Roof Damage Insurance Claims
Your Reliable Local Roof Insurance Claims Company in Westerly, RI
With Westerly’s harsh weather conditions, it’s inevitable that homeowners must often deal with the reality of the devastating damage storms can do. Storm damage such as wind, hail, debris, and trees can cause minor or severe damage if the conditions are right. If roof damage, in particular, goes unchecked, further water or structural damage can occur over time.
Lucky for some, there’s damage insurance to help fund repairs. However, the claims process is not always that simple. John Henderson Construction, LLC has helped countless Westerly homeowners file insurance claims for roofing repairs. We’re industry experts that can help you solve your roofing issues and file successful claims. Call the reputable roofers in Westerly today for your roof damage insurance claims.
As roofing insurance can be quite complicated, let’s take a closer look at the process and how we can help.
Understanding the insurance claims process can help you improve the chances of a successful claim. The typical process that occurs when you file an insurance claim for roof storm damage is as follows:
1. ASSESS DAMAGE
- A self-inspection of the damage is a good first step, but bear in mind that you may not be able to spot all damage.
- Contact your local roofing contractor to further assess the damage as there is a good chance you as the homeowner won’t catch everything.
2. CONTACT INSURANCE PROVIDER
- Once damage is identified, contact your insurance company to report the issue and begin the claims process.
- Make sure to get in touch with your insurance provider as soon as you’re aware there is damage to your roof.
3. INSURANCE ASSESSMENT
- Your insurance provider will then send an individual to your home to assess in order to determine if there is damage and whether your insurance policy covers it.
- If you believe you’re being ripped off, make sure to contact a roofing repair company that can provide a second opinion on the damage.
4. FILE DOCUMENTATION
- Once you decide to repair the roof, you’ll have to file documentation that outlines the repairs required. This documentation should also outline the person who fixed it, as well as the cost associated with the repairs.
5. WAIT FOR THE OUTCOME
- Once you have filed all your documentation, you should hear back from the insurance provider in due course.
- If you experience a delay in the verdict on your claim, it’s important to ask your insurance company for additional clarity.
Insurance Claim Tips
On top of using the right roofing repair company, there are a few other things you can do to help ensure your roof damage claim is processed smoothly. Here’s how you can improve your chances of a successful claim.
Successful roofing insurance claims require extensive documentation. It’s important to take photos of damage, repairs, and anything else that you may think is relevant to your insurance claim. Don’t take roof damage insurance claims lightly.
As with any insurance claim, it’s essential to get in touch with your insurance company as quickly as possible. Timely filing is the best way to set the record straight and ensure they are aware that damage to your home has already occurred.
Have a repair team on standby
Besides helping to prevent further damage, a professional roof repair team can help you avoid further technical questions and requirements from your insurance company.
John Henderson Construction, LLC is here to help
Hire a top-notch, local roofing contractor in Rhode Island and Eastern Connecticut
As a Certified GAF Master Elite® Roofing Contractor and winner of the GAF Triple Excellence Award, we take pride in our workmanship and customer relationships. Whether you are in need of roof replacement, repair & maintenance, roof coatings, siding installation, new windows or doors, or gutters, we can help! Schedule an appointment today so we can resolve your residential roofing concerns.